Monday, November 21, 2011

"And, behold, the LORD passed by, and a great and strong wind rent the mountains, and brake in pieces the rocks before the LORD; but the LORD was not in the wind: and after the wind an earthquake; but the LORD was not in the earthquake: And after the earthquake a fire; but the LORD was not in the fire: and after the fire a still small voice."

With cell phones,cable tv, ipods,the possibility of always being plugged in. How can I hear the still small voice of God? It's a constant struggle to turn away from the noise and the flashing lights, to shut it off, to listen to him. And he waits for me to turn back to him and he is happy with me when I return, once again to him. Why does he love the impatient, lazy, stubborn, hardhearted child that I am? What does he see that I don't see? He sees the me he created me to be and longs for me to be everyday. He is constant, steady and trustworthy. I am not. How can he love me this way? How can this be? It is sometimes too much to believe and then I rely on trust. I trust in you Jesus. Help me this day to love you and be faithful as you are faithful to me.